Let’s meditate, Sydney.
Frequently asked questions
Bangarra Dance Theatre
15 Hickson Rd, Walsh Bay
Bangarra Dance Theatre is located on the harbour end of Pier 4
Scan code below, to locate it on Google maps:
29th – 30th October 2016
(Depending upon the session you have registered for)
Please plan to arrive 30 minutes before the session you have registered for, so that we can have you seated well before the session starts
Please note – due to the restrictions imposed by the Bangarra Theatre venue management, high heeled footwear is not permitted.
Public Transport: Public ferry, train and bus services operate to and from The Rocks and Circular Quay. Bangarra is approximately a 15 minute walk from Circular Quay and Wynyard. As well as buses servicing Circular Quay, Sydney Buses now operate two evening services to Walsh Bay. The 433 Balmain & Glebe Point bus to Millers Point which runs along George Street extends its route down Hickson Road from 6:30pm until 11:30pm daily. Buses run approximately every twenty minutes during these times. In addition, route 998 operates from 9pm to 4.30am every Friday and Saturday linking Hickson Road with Town Hall Station via Wynyard. Buses run every 30 minutes between these times. Buses for both services stop on Hickson Road near the bottom of Pottinger Street (inbound), and outside Pier 4/5 (outbound). For more details phone 131 500.
Taxis: Taxis regularly service Hickson Road and can collect and drop off right outside the entrance to Pier 4/5.
Getting to Bangarra on foot: From the bus stops, ferry wharves or train station at Circular Quay, it’s just a 15 minute walk to Bangarra. Follow these directions for the quickest route through the historic Rocks area.
- From Circular Quay, head west and then north along George Street, passing the Museum of Contemporary Art.
- Turn left and cut through the pedestrianised area of Argyle Street, continuing up the hill and under the Harbour Bridge overpass.
- Turn right into Lower Fort Street at the Holy Trinity Anglican Church (known as the Garrison Church).
- Cross at the intersection of Windmill Street (by the historic Hero of Waterloo hotel), heading down the cobblestone path opposite, then through the Windmill Street reserve.
- Then simply take the stairs down to Hickson Road, and follow Hickson Road along towards the Harbour Bridge to enter left onto Pier 4/5
Metered parking is available along Hickson Road for a maximum of 4 hours and costs $2.70 per hour on weekends.
Paid parking is available, for a maximum fee of $12 on weekends, at Interpark Bond Store One, 26 Hickson Road (next door to the Sydney Theatre) and at Wilsons Parking Towns Place on the corner of Towns Place and Hickson Road.
The cost is $10 per person per session. You may register to attend one or more sessions. This entitles you to:
- Attend scheduled sessions you have registered for
- Listen to inspirational speakers
- Listen to soulful music
- Watch a movie “A Quest for Meaning” being screened for the first time in Australia
- Meet and greet speakers
There will be food vendors at the event location, offering vegetarian food, tea and coffee.
Children over 15 years can attend the conference, and will need to register for the session(s).For children under 15 years of age, child-friendly premises nearby has been arranged for the duration of the event, and is available at no additional cost. All children must be accompanied by a parent / gaurdian. Entertainment like movies, games and other activities have been planned for children.
Little Kingdom Childcare Centre,
4/111 Harrington St, The Rocks, NSW 2000
No ATM facility at Heartfulness Meditation Festival but there is nearby Westpac ATM on Hickson Rd (near IGA)
No, there are no cloakroom facilities available onsite
There will be merchandise stalls at the Heartfulness Meditation Festival. The products will be available for purchase at special festival rates!